I know that it has been a long time since I have written a blog post and really I have no excuses for it. I just haven't had anything interesting to write about.
For the last few months (or perhaps even longer) I have been feeling the urge to do something. I feel like I am wasting my life by getting up and going to work everyday at a job that I don't love. I know that being a grown-up means having a job and being a productive member of society, but I feel like if I don't find something to be passionate about, I am going to shrivel up and die inside and just be a drone, working myself to the grave. I am not okay with that.
So I have decided to go to college and pursue a degree in something (I haven't decided what yet) that I am passionate about. I think I will be getting a degree in music. I finished my first semester in May. I took English and Intermediate Algebra. For the summer semester I am taking Piano. I love, love, love Piano class. Granted I have only been in it for a week, and can barely clunk out Jingle Bells, but I love it!
Along with going to school, I am trying to figure out what else I want to do with my life. I had heard people mention the 101 things in 1001 days project before and it always struck me as interesting, but it seemed so daunting to make a list like that, right off the top of my head. So daunting in fact that it made me kind of anxious, how would I ever think of 101 things I wanted to do and what if I missed something that I really wanted to do, what if I couldn't complete everything in the 2.75 years? (I get anxious really easily). Today, however, I found a website that helps you create your list by searching through other people's lists. The website is thedayzeroproject.com and it is really helpful. Sure, my list has 180 items on it... but I can always change that later. The great thing is that some of them are so simple, I could go out and complete a handful of them tonight. So, check out my list at http://dayzeroproject.com/user/greatscotts56
I'll try to keep my blog updated with the tasks I complete and how everything is going.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment