Sometimes I feel this weight sinking on my chest, it feels like I am being crushed under the weight of my own impatience and this need I have to make time move faster. I don't quite understand why I am so impatient. Most of the time I contribute it to the fact that there seems to be babies popping out everywhere! I can't count the number of friends I have from Junior High and High School who are proud parents or expecting.
I so look forward to the day that my husband and I can try our own hand at the baby experience, but because I know that it is so far off, it drives me crazy with thinking about what can I do now that would be proactive to that future. Is it too early to start researching fertility tips and healthy living? How much of an effect will the things that I do now have on me for when we are trying to get pregnant? Should I wait until we have tried to have a baby and in the event that we have fertility issues then start researching those things?
Among other things that bother me about the future is how long it is taking for either of us to move up in the job world. I am currently taking classes to move myself up, but it seems that my husband's job is not doing anything to help him further himself, he has been up for a grand total of 3 promotions and has actively worked at getting these and has been skipped over each time. His yearly review should take place this month, but with the way his company moves, he will be lucky to get it by February of next year. They tell him how much of an excellent employee he is, he receives Employee of the Quarter almost every quarter, he takes care of his work without the help of anyone else (not something that anyone else does) and still they don't see any reason to promote him. It frustrates me and make me wish that the economy wasn't so crappy so that he could go look for another job and maybe find something else that pays more and would actually promote him.
I know that if either of us made more money we would be in a better place to have a baby and that I probably wouldn't be feeling this way everyday. I think that it would be a good idea to have our own house too, but that dream just seems to slip farther and farther away with the way the housing market is being destroyed, sure home prices are falling in some areas, but how will we ever be able to get approved for a loan if all the banks are terrified of losing more money?
Well I guess that is all I have to say about all of this for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment