Monday, September 22, 2008

Experimenting - flying, cheese and other small adventures

Before my husband and I started dating and up to a year after we started dating, I was really a girl that knew what she didn't like and what she did like and I knew how to tell people when I wasn't going to take part in something because I knew I wouldn't like it. I wouldn't eat cheese, I didn't want to go on airplanes or stand close to the edge of anything that was high off the ground, I absolutely didn't do things that fell out of my comfort zone.

Five years later I am finding that I feel more adventurous, I am willing to try new foods and in approximately 2 and a half months I will be taking the longest airplane ride of my life. (I have been on a grand total of 2 roundtrip flights prior to this one) We will be flying to Florida to fulfill our dream of visiting Disney World. I am still pretty nervous about this, but I have never flown with my husband, so I am hoping that having him there with me will help calm me down.

I have also taken steps in enjoying cheese in more complex ways then those that I generally enjoy, I will eat it on pizza, nachos and Tillamook by the brick or shredded. I don't care for cheese on sandwiches, hamburgers, casseroles, pastas or soups. In the last week I have tried cheese in 2 different kinds of soups and I have found that it is not bad at all, in fact I can barely tell that they have cheese in them at all. My husband is very fond of cheese and he has always put my preferences before his own, so I have been trying to eat cheese in recipes that call for them, instead of omitting them. I am hoping that someday soon I will be able to move up to cheese in casseroles and maybe on pastas.

In other newly adventurous news, I am feeling the itch to get exploring, I want to see the country and I want to move to a new place, somewhere that my husband and I can start a family and have those kinds of adventures. I hope to move in the next year or two..
Well that's all for now, just had to write a little bit about all that.

No comments: