Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just not that kind of friend

This is something that I feel like I have dealt with my whole life, sometimes I feel that I am just not the kind of friend people are looking for. I try not to think that it is something wrong with me, but maybe I just don't fulfill the standards that some people set for their friends. Even the person I consider my best friend, I know that in the long run, while I feel that I would rather spend time hanging out with her, she would rather spend time hanging out with someone else. Sometimes my insecurities get the better of me and I find myself wondering, "What can I do to be more like the person people want to hang out with, the person that people would call to chat or hang out with?" I think that maybe if I had more interesting hobbies or if I was more adventurous, or maybe even more willing to go out on a Thursday night for drinks, then maybe, just maybe these people that I long to hang out with, would in turn want to hang out with me.
Ultimately I always talk myself back down and realize that whatever these people are looking for in a friend, I just can't fulfill and they will have to either be happy with me, how I am or just not be my friend. It seems more often then not, the latter happens. I sincerely hope that I don't ever contribute to someone feeling this way about me, and that I am a friend to all those that wish to have me as a friend.

No comments: