Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Employee Appreciation and Productive Days

On Monday and Tuesday of this week I was off work due to some pulled muscle in my neck/shoulder. I didn't feel safe driving to work because I couldn't look over my right shoulder to check my blind spot.


Tuesday is my husband's day off from work, so since we were both off work I decided that it would be an excellent opportunity to put him to work! We have a lot of little things around the house that need to get done before we host Christmas for our families this year.


Among my top concerns were securing our big bookcases to the wall of our computer room and hanging up the two big pictures that we had sitting around on the floor.


We also had to make room in our kitchen for all the new cookware that we had purchased on account of the Employee Appreciation time at my husband's work. My husband inquired as to weather we could become the proud new owners of an Infinite Circulon Cookware set. I told him that I would be more then happy to have those items in our home so long as he helped me figure out where we would be putting them all. We also purchased a Dutch Oven and a Slow Cooker.


So Tuesday afternoon was a hustle and bustle of activity around our house, first we ran some errands and picked up some of the things we would need to accomplish our tasks for the day. Home Depot, Pet Food Express and Lucky's.

We got home and watched an episode of Maury (I miss watching Maury while I am work). Then we got busy, we started with cleaning out the lizard tank and feeding the lizards. Then we secured our bookcases to the wall so that in the event of an Earthquake only the books would tumble to the ground, not the big heavy bookcase itself. I let DH rest for a bit because the securing of the bookcases was tough business because the drill we had borrowed wasn't really heavy duty. Then we put up our pictures, one in the living room to compliment our Disney collage and one in the kitchen, because we have no pictures in there. Our final stop was the kitchen to pull out and go through all the items we will never use again in our kitchen (we have so much kitchen stuff) We got rid of a lot of items and made room for all our new pots and cooking items. It was a very productive day and I felt good about all the stuff we got done even though I had not gone to work.

Here are some pictures of the items we have added to our kitchen collection.

New Cookware


New Dutch Oven

New Slow Cooker:

No comments: